Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Operation renovation

Does it count as a renovation if you're not knocking down any walls?

As many of you already know, we're renting our sweet little townhouse from my parents. We'll stay as long as we're here in Utah, and, in the meantime, we're prepping it to sell or rent in the future.

So far, we've got a new storm door and blinds and quite the list of things to do.

Since windows are limited--not to mention the light fixtures--we decided to lighten up the room a little and repaint.

Which is why, at about 11 o'clock last night, you could find us busily painting our living room walls.

We're also getting new carpet put in next week.

Which is probably another reason we didn't mind painting so late, and why you might find splatters of Kilim Beige throughout our carpets (and probably still in my hair).

Oh, and in response to my renovation question earlier, I'd like to submit this photo:


We may not be knocking down a wall, but sometimes it feels like it...

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Wow. That is impressive. Your place is so cute, I'm sure you will have no trouble selling or renting it out when you guys move on. Any idea when that will be and where you'll be headed?

Doug and Julie Woodall said...

Wow, really small world... I was going to show you a blog posting (http://www.paintingtheroseswhite.com/2009/08/oh-make-me-over.html) hoping it would inspire you (same dark room with burgandy couches) and I scrolled down to see that you commented on it yesterday. Crazy! The paint looks great by the way... can't wait to see the finished product.

Kristen said...

Tell me about it. :)

Hope to see you in CA!

Cosme & Judy Salazar said...

Guys,

That looks great!

Dad