Friday, November 6, 2009

Hard work

I recently won an award at work, and let me tell you, this one's a resume builder.




Everybody dresses up for Halloween, and this year I won Most Creative (though I hear it was a close race). I happen to resemble (or so I've been told) one of the animated characters in our product. Her name is Alex.

So, after having been asked several times by new hires in the company if I was the model for Alex, I decided I ought to see how close I could get to looking like her. What do you think?



Turns out the real Alex has a bit of an attitude problem.

I cut the collar out of a Savers blazer, colored it a darker green, then pinned it into my shirt. Then, because the fake leather planners were cheaper at DI than the belts, I cut apart a planner and pieced it together with brads to make my extremely fashionable leather cuff. I cut the cuffs off of one of Ryan's white shirts and attached them to look like I had rolled up my sleeves. And finally, since Alex wears gold hoops, and I only have silver, I ate a bunch of rollos and used the gold foil to wrap around my earrings.



The rollos cheered her up a little.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

the rollos are hilarious. Were they delicious?

kimi + joe said...

You are one clever girl. Rollos were my favorite part. I'm glad you played it up!

Shannon said...

Nice. I think Ian would kill me if I cut up his white shirt though. :) You do look strikingly similar to the Alex character. I can't believe how long your hair is right now! Wow. You sure are gorgeous! Glad you won such a prestigious award.

Kristen said...

You are awesome.

Cosme & Judy Salazar said...

way to go Lisa.
Great idea for the ocation!!!
Dad