Pretty soon, it will be a wig.
The night before my birthday, I did something drastic. I was bored, and Ryan was working on an assignment, and I found a pair of scissors and reverted back to my five-year-old self. And cut my bangs.
It wasn't until after I got started that I realized how hard it is to see what you're cutting when you've got bangs in the way. But I persevered, cut myself some blunt bangs, and ran downstairs to show Ryan. He approved. But then we got to thinking. Which lead to something even more drastic.
I was going to post a picture the night I did it, but then I realized that we would be going to see Ryan's fam for Thanksgiving, and I wanted it to be a surprise. They approved. Then when I got back I was going to post a picture, but then I realized that I would be going to see MY family the day after Christmas, and I wanted it to be a surprise.
But, like with most surprises, I just can't wait any longer.
Some of you may wonder why I did it. Well...
- The week prior, I found a piece of rice in my hair. It was 3:00 in the afternoon. How long had it been there? Had I even eaten rice for lunch that day?
- In this same week, I found a split end that split off into 7 new split ends, some of which split off into additional split ends. Some people spend quiet moments trying to find a split end to cut off. I spent mine trying to find an end that wasn't split.
- Who wants to spend 20 minutes in the shower devoted solely to lathering, rinsing, and repeating? I just don't have that kind of time right now, people.
- I shed. The longer the hair, the bigger the mess.
- And, yes, of course: Think of the children. I only hope that once it's in wig form, my real hair will look a little more real than it did in first grade.